Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reflection about Art Institute Visit

Reflection about Art Institute Visit
This Wednesday we visited Art Institute as a class of Art Appreciation. Last year I visited it with my husband after we just came here from China. We stayed in it nearly a whole day. However, it was a new experience for me to visit it again as a student of Art Appreciation at this Wednesday. Gitte divided us into many groups. Two persons joined together as a group. My partner is Nadja.

When we came to the 201, the central piece of the gallery which it attracted our eyes is Gustave Caillebotte’s Paris Street; Rain Day. At that time, Gustave Caillebotte was a very young impressionism artist. He was good at painting leisurely side of modern life. It was a typical impressionism relaxed subject. The elegant composure of the figures appear as urban icons in the painting.
In 391 I chose French Andre’ Derain’s Forest at Martigues. This painting is a kind of childish large brush but is full of dynamics.


In 393 I admired Gabriele Munter’ Still Life with Queen. Her beautiful color attracted me. This painting expressed the status of her life and the avant-garde at that time.


In 396 I was attracted by France Pierre Bonnard’s The Seine at Vernonnet. The color of this landscape is soft and large brushsteak
The last Nadja and I made a representation about France Balthus’ Girl with Cat. I knew that the most of his work consist of painting of people in different angles. This position is very difficult to paint. The painting which I posed here is not the same painting which it was in the Art Institute. This painting looks like a reworking base on and is more ingenious than that one which it is in the Art Institute. The girl is a profile in this painting, whereas face to visits in that one. Nadia made a good speech about this painting’s shape, light and color. At last, we made a little poem to end our representation.
Girl
Beautiful quite
Relaxed dreamy peaceful
In the other hand
Deeply hide dark
Foxy greedy
Cat

1 comment:

  1. Yue, I just found your blog. Very thorough reflection! Great job!

    ReplyDelete